But, what if I didn’t want to spring??? There’s probably a good reason for the time change to still be messing with our internal clocks. I don’t know what it is but I’m sure there’s a reason. Even the dogs seem off their game today.
I’m going to spend some quality time today watching the garden grow. It’s very relaxing. Of course I want to spend some time in the quilt room too. I’ve gotten a pretty good rhythm going. It get almost hypnotic.
I cut the fabric for the puppy quilt and am starting to sew my strips. I changed direction on the pattern.. lets see if I like how it turns out. More quilty pictures tomorrow.. that is if I actually get anywhere! I’ve found I can only sit and quilt for about fifteen minutes at a time before the spasms start so I have a couple of projects going so I move a little in between.
Go ahead and Spring.. you’ll get used to it!
Image via Wikipedia
Quilting and Gardening.. that’s my goal for today.
#3 is at the Marines fitness readiness day and DD is sleeping in. DH is talking to me from the other room but I don’t have a clue what he’s talking about, my mind is elsewhere. I just keep saying uh-huh when I hear him pause.
Still attaching bubbles!
Ya ever have one of those days? I’ve been thinking about the Bubbles quilt I had to set aside before Christmas and now that Timmy (Tin Lizzie 18) has his tension problem fixed I’m getting excited about finishing it! I really want to try my hand at thread painting! But to do that I must first finish the binding and get my Nieces’ quilt shipped!
The weather has been beautiful here 70’s at night and 80’s during the day. I’ve got a row of tomatoes setting fruit and another row of tomatoes about four inches tall. The okra have their second set of leaves and zucchini is getting ready to flower. The corn and green beans still have another month and the cukes are right behind them. By summer the watermelons and cantaloupes should be in full swing. I’ll be making Homemade horse-radish next week. I pulled one and took a bite yesterday and WOW it cleared my sinuses in one bite!
Well I’m burning daylight and I’ve got to get dinner in the crock pot fast!
Image via Wikipedia
The last six months have flown by.. I’m disappointed I haven’t been able to keep y’all up to date.
Loads of drama, but that’s not anything new really.
In a nutshell here’s the highlights..
- We finished the body work on DD’s truck and DH got it painted. It turned out very pretty but now she wants a little sports car. I think DH may have had a hand in that decision.
- #1 son starts his last year of College next month and should be back from teaching in Wisconsin in three weeks. He may have a job lined up in Tampa.
- DIL got a job in Atlanta and will be gone next week. So it looks like they will continue their long distance marriage for at least another year! ARGH! (hard to get grand kids that way!)
- # 2 son has a new girl in his life and she is a doll! Smart, funny and she tolerates him! What more could a Mom ask for? (it helps that he’s smart and funny too!)
- My mom is being divorced. Can you say ugly all day? It has been a crushing experience for her and watching it has been devastating for me. I don’t know if she will come out of this.
- #3 son signed with the Marines! Yes, I said the Marines! I have some very not nice words for the Navy recruiters here. All they wanted to talk about were video games.. uh, HELLO? Seriously? He tells them he wants to sign up and they talk video games? After taking the ASVAB and scoring quite well he just wanted to “talk” to the Marines.. yes, that is what he said. I know he wanted to sign with them when this started but I wanted Navy. So there ya go… I am a mother of a Marine! Pray for me! He leaves October 6th.
- I am just now putting the binding on that diamond quilt I am making for my niece. Yep I’m still working on that quilt and no I didn’t set it aside to make anything else.
- The garden is growing nicely after planting it the second time. We had a hard freeze the second week of February and there was no saving it. I spend at least an hour a day just watching it grow.
- We finished the upstairs bathroom. It turned out nice. We got the tile and cabinet in last month. Of course now that we’re close to finishing the big projects around here we’re talking about moving.. where depends on whether there are grands in the making…
So there ya go.. I’ve already missed two quilt shows.. I’m hoping that life settles down soon so I can get back into the quilt room. I think I may have settled the tension problem I was having with my longarm. It turns out it wasn’t me! When I moved it got knocked out of whack! ! Yesterday I traded the Babylock Ellegante in for a Duetta.. so there’s a new machine to play with. Oh and it looks like I have a grand puppy coming soon! So you know I have to make her a quilt!
So much has happened in the last month.. yet it wasn’t the same without sharing it!
I’ve spent lots of time with my mother. #3 Son has done his timed trials to enter the Navy and has actually surprised us all at his ease to hit the numbers! #1 Son has spent months away working in Wisconsin. My #2 Granddog died suddenly and the took so much out of the holidays for #1 Son. She was his alter ego .. his shadow and is still missed terribly.
#2 Son came to visit for a few days and helped Dad ready the garage for painting Bess’s truck.
I didn’t get much sewing or quilting done. I did however finally get that diamond quilt onto the quilting table. BUT..( it’s there always a but?) My Lizzie malfunctioned and I had to tear into her and figure out the mess. I think I may have got her fixed I just haven’t had the time to get back to her.
I made my brother and SIL custom aprons for their restaurant and they actually liked them! I may end up making them some shirts next. Or I should say embroidery their Logo onto shirts..
I got my garden in (finally) and it is big! I’ve got the first bunch of veggies in and about 50 stawberry plants too!
Well, I guess that’s it in a nutshell.. I’ll get into the details later but rest assured I won’t stay gone for very long anymore! Hugs!
Image via Wikipedia
It’s time to ready the veggie bed again. You should’ve seen the look that statement got from #3 son. He was not happy to hear that phrase! Since I don’t see him turning down any of the fresh veggies, I’m putting him to work. It’s time to work some more clay into the soil. Maybe one day it will be soil instead of the sand we have here!
The chickens love garden time since they also get their share. They’ve just about finished molting. At least I hope so! They look pitiful!
I know, I have a few things on my “to do” list . Why put one more on there? I just can’t help myself! I love fresh veggies and getting my hands in the soil is another form of therapy for me.
I’m hoping to get the wedding quilt finished up this weekend or at the least off the quilting table. Then to clean the quilt room and start on the ordered quilt. It’s a pictorial memory quilt this time. Yes, I still have to finish painting inside.. and drywall upstairs.. and yes the outside of the house sides and back.. and now the garden.. guess I should get off the computer and do something!
- I vaguely remember being 13 (dreamzhappenquiltz.wordpress.com)
- Directionally Challenged (dreamzhappenquiltz.wordpress.com)
- Soil, Dirt, Earth (gloriousfoodies.wordpress.com)