As I head out to celebrate Independence Day with food and fireworks I pause to think (I know, scary, right?).. I am so NOT independent of anything! I find I am more dependent than when I was a dependent!
I depend on..
- First and foremost I depend on God to open my eyes and ears
- help with my basic care
- supply of my basic needs
- technology to get out of the house
I can not imagine having no electricity, gas, and water supplied directly to my home. Or grocery stores stocked with food. Granted, you must have money to pay for these things.. there lies to quandary.
If I had only needle and thread and flour sacks would I still be a quilter? I think so, but I doubt I would have the fortitude that others who came before me had. I can only hope. Today I am grateful to all of those who helped this nation become Independent. It’s a goal I’m shooting for too!
- Ode To My Wife the Quilter :: Poem (scottfillmer.com)
- Fat Quarterly Linky Party! (kathleengkerr.wordpress.com)
- The Reality of Old Thread (quiltingismytherapy.com)